This is a portal to all the sub-projects relating to the interactive cameraman display on the 4th floor lobby of the UCSD CSE building.
Audio and Video Recording Information
- 7-channel audio recordings + 1 more channel for beamforming can be found on seed at http://seed.ucsd.edu/~cameraman/audio_recordings/ . Look here for how to read the .dat files into Matlab and manipulate them AudioMatlabInstructions
- Video recordings can be found on seed at http://seed.ucsd.edu/~cameraman/video_recordings/ (on seed at /mnt/usbdrive1/). The name of each recording is the date and time of when the recording is done.
- UAI 2010 Paper submission deadline: Friday March 12, 3:59pm local time (11:59pm GMT).
- To checkout repository: hg clone ssh://seed.ucsd.edu//data/hgroot/UAI2010
- ICMI-MLMI 2009 Paper submission deadline: May 22nd, 2009
- S. Cheamanunkul, E. Ettinger, M. Jacobsen, P. Lai, and Y. Freund. Detecting, tracking and interacting with people in a public space. In Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Multimodal Interfaces and The 6th Workshop on Machine Learning for Multimodal Interaction (ICMI-MLMI 2009). Cambridge, MA. November 2009. Paper Poster.
- ICMIRelatedPapers - Related Papers to our ICMI submission
- To checkout repository: hg clone ssh://seed.ucsd.edu//data/hgroot/ICMI2009
- CHI 2009 Paper submission deadline: Sept. 17th, 2009
- NH Face Tracking - New NormalHedge face tracking project by Jonathan and Sunsern.
- Tracking Features - Characterizing tracking points by Matt.
- Color Detection - Experiments on object detection using boosting and only based on color information
- Face Detector - Real-time face detector
- JinJunsDiary - Thoughts and work from Jinjun.
- EvansDiary - Thoughts and work from Evan.
- Noah's Diary - music & visualization demos for the display
- SunsernsDiary - Thoughts and work from Sunsern.
How to start Cameraman on the 4th floor machine
- On desktop, double click on MaxCameraController_New (make sure when you do this that Max5 starts running not Max/MSP Runtime)
- Click start on the patch
- To switch to presentation mode (large video), click on the presentation icon on the bottom bar. Or, click on View -> Presentation
- To copy the latest working binaries to their install locations
- Quit Max/MSP
- open a terminal window
- cd /Users/cameraman/cameraman/working_version
- Restart MaxCameraController